When people talked about the poor and unreliable internet access provided by TM , I didnt quite agree with them . I am getting a dose of this of late .
Early November , I chose to change my streamyx account to the new Blockbuster deal ! Indeed !
The vendor that was assigned to install the wireless modem is a separate story . The blessed guy came only after we lodgde a complaint with the TM PR department . When he left , our poor laptop recorded over 30 locations with virus infections . Of course , I have no choice but to suspect that he has planted them there ! The viruses are just sitting quietly somewhere in the laptop now ! Quarrantined !
Regarding the access , on days that are good .... everything is satisfacory . wireless - ok , access speed - ok . But there were numerous occasions when service interruptions lasted for 2 days at least . I am talking about the most recent one . ( 23,24 and 25th )
At 6 pm today , I decided to call 100 . was agitated with this online assistance . The phone is away from the modem , needed another person to help .
For all the times I checked today and yesterday , only the PWR button is lighted up . Occasionally the DSL blinked too .... but most of the time , it is just PWR and WLAN buttons lighted up only .
After dinner , to my pleasant surprise , all 3 buttons lighted up and I was able to access with cable .
Then at about 9:45 pm , a male techincian called from HQ . He reported that system checks revealed that everything is OK . In the end , it was discovered that my wireless capability is not turned on . I am yet to find out where the wireless button is .
No wonder it is often said that every day we live , we learn . i definitely have learnt quite a bit today about trouble shooting .
No comments:
Post a Comment